Deepavali is just round the corner and you want to make your decorations look a bit different before the guests start arriving. Here are some 'Do-it-Yourself' projects that you can work on with your kids - and in a jiffy.
* DIY flower lights: Put your fairy lights to some unconventional use this Deepavali. Use discarded egg cartons to make some colourful and glittery light strings for your home interiors.
* You can also opt for cupcake wrappers, cut them into different floral designs to get yourself gleaming floral garlands.
* Bottled fairy lights: Huddle these tiny fairy lights inside old glass bottles, liquor bottles being the best, to get self-made spectacular glass lamps that can be used to illuminate various spaces inside your homes.
* Light curtains: Lighten up your bedroom, living and drawing room by hanging strings of fairy lights. This time the only difference is, hang them in abundance like a curtain.
* Unconventional wine glass candle: Place a flower or any decorative element like coloured glass, twigs or pebbles, invert a wine glass and place a candle on the top. Station these quirky wine glass candles at various spots to add some unique decor and radiance to your home.
* Floating candles: Decorate a quaint corner of your home with an attractive Deepavali special floral bowl.
Place scented candles with colourful flowers in a transparent bowl. The beautiful reflections of the candles will surely beautify the untouched spots of your home.
* Paper Deepavali lanterns: Make yourself beautiful paper Deepavali lanterns and hang these on the walls, terrace, and verandah.
(With inputs from Agencies)